I can spend hours looking at different nail art online – I only wish I could do it myself! I’ve bought nail art pens before but I lack the skill required to actually pull off anything apart from miss-matched splotches.
Then I discovered geometric nails using household scotch tape! This doesn’t take much skill to pull off (perfect for me) and there are so many fun variations to try!
As I’m a first timer I started with simple half and half and angled designs.
I only have a limited selection of nail polishes with me as its the university holidays here, but I did have two metallic shades: the bottom colour is ‘Meet me on the starferry’ by OPI and top colour is ‘Goldeneye’ by OPI.
- Make sure the first colour is completely dry before applying the scotch tape
- TOP TIP: Stick and restick the tape to your arm before applying to the nail – this will ensure most of the adhesive is lost so the first colour isn’t damaged when it’s time to remove the tape
- Stick the tape to your nail in the pattern of your choice
- Apply the 2nd colour liberally
- Remove the scotch tape with care
- Top coat time!